DUTCH SCHOOL OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
DUTCH LANGUAGE CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
Dutch School of Southern California offers classes in Dutch Language and Culture, to children from 4-14 years old, absolute beginners or already fluent in Dutch. Find out more...
NAS Member Laura Ligthart is Director of Dutch School of Southern California.
"DUTCH APPOINTMENT REQUEST FORM" FOR BIOMETRICS IN LOS ANGELES ON DECEMBER 10 AND 11, 2015.
The Consulate General in San Francisco occasionally visits honorary consuls located in the 13 western-most states with a mobile fingerprinting station to collect fingerprints of Dutch passport applicants.
These states include Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Please note that this service is only available to Dutch citizens who:
Download the request form
- hold a valid US non-immigrant visa or permanent residence status, and
- hold a Dutch passport that has expired, or will expire within one year of the date of the visit, and
- cannot reasonably be expected to visit one of the designated offices for physical or financial reasons (e.g. elderly or disabled people, families with children).
for an appointment at the office of the Honorary Consulate in Los Angeles on December 10 or 11, 2015.
Please note that even when meeting all of the criteria, submission of this request form does not guarantee an appointment at the location, as only a limited number of appointments is available.
For those approved tor an appointment during these two Biometrics days: you will receive the exact address information, plus date and time of scheduled appointment. No walk-ins can be accepted.
Also note that the Consulate on Wilshire Boulevard is closed since October 1st, 2015.
Tel. (877) 388 2443
- Posted 24 November 2015
NEW DUTCH PASSPORT – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Starting 9 March 2014 Dutch passports for adults will be issued with 10 year validity. For those younger than 18 years, the validity of the passport remains 5 years.
New chancellery fees will also be effective on 9 March 2014:
- Regular or business passport (validity 10 years, adult) : €131.11
- Regular or business passport (validity 5 years, minors) : €115.20
- Emergency passport / Laissez Passer : €46.61
You may lose your Dutch nationality (article 15.1.c RWN) if you let a passport with 10 year validity expire and the following is applicable:
- at the time of issuing of this passport you are of age (18 years or older) and
- besides the Dutch nationality you possess another nationality and
- you are not living within the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten, nor in one of the countries of the European Union.
You may prevent this from happening by:
- having a new passport issued before the expiry date of this passport or
- obtaining a so-called ‘Statement of Possession of Dutch nationality’ before the expiry date of this passport or
- living within the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten, or in one of the countries of the European Union for at least one (1) year before the expiry date of this passport.
For up-to-date information, please visit the Dutch Consular Services Validity of the new Dutch passport web page
and Dutch passport renewal web page
- Posted 9 February 2014
(If you didn't find the announcement you were looking for, then check our Announcements Archive
If your group or organization has an announcement that you would like listed here, please fill in and submit the submissions form
. The subject should be Dutch related and appropriate. The Special Announcements are listed as a convenience and source of interest for visitors to this web site and should not be construed as an endorsement by the Netherlands American Society.